This publication is a summary of the Enrolled Nurses and Nursing Assistants (Private) Award.
This WA award summary includes information on new employer obligations and employee entitlements introduced by the Industrial Relations Legislation Amendment Act 2021 which commenced on 20 June 2022.
On 23 June 2022 the Western Australian Industrial Relations Commission (WAIRC) issued the 2022 State Wage Case decision. The WAIRC decision increased WA award rates below $887.40 by $40.90 per week and increased WA award rates of $887.40 and above by 4.65%.
To view pay rates for previous years visit the Previous WA award summaries page.
This WA award summary applies to businesses in the state industrial relations system. It covers businesses (and their employees) that operate as:
- sole traders (e.g. Jane Smith trading as Jane’s Private Hospital)
- unincorporated partnerships (e.g. Jane and Bob Smith trading as Jane’s Private Hospital)
- unincorporated trust arrangements (e.g. Jane and Bob Smith as trustees for the Smith Family Trust trading as Jane’s Private Hospital)
- incorporated associations and other non-profit bodies (that are not trading or financial corporations)
This summary does not cover businesses and organisations in the national industrial relations system which operate as:
- Pty Ltd businesses that are trading or financial corporations (e.g. Smith Pty Ltd trading as Jane’s Private Hospital)
- incorporated associations and other not-for-profit bodies (that are trading or financial corporations)
If the business or organisation is in the national system visit the Fair Work Ombudsman website www.fairwork.gov.au