This publication is a summary of the Hotel and Tavern Workers Award.
This award is likley to apply to employees working for hotels. Employees working for motels are likely to be covered by the Motel, Hostel, Service Flats and Boarding House Workers Award.
On 26 June 2020 the Western Australian Industrial Relations Commission (WAIRC) issued the 2020 State Wage Case decision. The WAIRC decision grants a 1.75% per week increase in WA award rates of pay from the first pay period on or after 1 January 2021.
To view pay rates for previous years visit the Previous WA award summaries - pre 1 January 2021 page.
This WA award summary applies to businesses in the state industrial relations system. It covers businesses which operate as:
- sole traders (e.g. Jane Smith trading as Jane’s Hotel)
- unincorporated partnerships (e.g. Jane and Bob Smith trading as Jane’s Hotel)
- unincorporated trust arrangements (e.g. Jane and Bob Smith as trustees for the Smith Family Trust, trading as Jane’s Hotel)
- incorporated associations and other non-profit bodies that are not trading or financial corporations
This summary does not cover businesses and organisations in the national industrial relations system which operate as:
- Pty Ltd businesses that are trading or financial corporation (e.g. Smith Pty Ltd trading as Jane’s Hotel)
- incorporated assocoiations and other not-for-profit bodies that are trading or financial corporations
If the business or organisation is in the national system visit the Fair Work Ombudsman website www.fairwork.gov.au