This publication is a summary of the Metal Trades (General) Award.
The Area and Scope and Definitions clauses of the state Metal Trades (General) Award have been updated to expand the coverage of this WA award to a broader range of employees and their employers. This change was effective from 21 November 2023.
The key change to the coverage of the Metal Trades (General) Award is that it now broadly covers employers and employees in the “metal trades and associated industries and occupations”, including a wide variety of metal, manufacturing, fabrication, engineering and electrical work.
Find out more on the Metal Trades (General) Award– Coverage expanded page.
To view pay rates for previous years visit the Previous WA award summaries page.
This WA award summary applies to businesses in the state industrial relations system. It covers businesses (and their employees) that operate as:
- sole traders
- unincorporated partnerships
- unincorporated trust arrangements
- incorporated associations and other non-profit bodies that are not trading or financial corporations
This summary does not cover businesses and organisations in the national industrial relations system which operate as:
- Pty Ltd businesses that are trading or financial corporations
- incorporated associations and other not-for-profit bodies that are trading or financial corporations
If the business or organisation is in the national system visit the Fair Work Ombudsman website www.fairwork.gov.au