This publication is a summary of the Social and Community Services (Western Australian) Interim Award.
The 2020 WA award summary on this page include the rates of pay that apply from 1 July 2020, the rates of pay that apply from 1 December 2020 and the rates of pay that apply from 1 January 2021.
On 26 June 2020 the Western Australian Industrial Relations Commission (WAIRC) issued the 2020 State Wage Case decision. The WAIRC decision grants a 1.75% per week increase in WA award rates of pay from the first pay period on or after 1 January 2021.
This WA award summary applies to businesses in the state industrial relations system. It covers businesses which operate as:
- sole traders (e.g. Jane Smith trading as Jane’s Veterinary Clinic)
- unincorporated partnerships (e.g. Jane and Bob Smith trading as Jane’s Veterinary Clinic)
- unincorporated trust arrangements (e.g. Jane and Bob Smith as trustees for Jane’s Veterinary Clinic)
- incorporated associations and other non-profit bodies (that are not trading or financial corporations)
This summary does not cover businesses and organisations in the national industrial relations system which operate as:
- Pty Ltd businesses that are trading or financial corporations (e.g. Smith Pty Ltd trading as Jane’s Veterinary Clinic)
- incorporated associations and other not-for-profit bodies (that are trading or financial corporations)
If the business or organisation is in the national system visit the Fair Work Ombudsman website www.fairwork.gov.au