This publication is a summary of the Transport Workers (General) Award.
There are several WA awards covering the work of a driver or driver assistant. The award that applies will depend on the type of business:
On 24 June 2021 the Western Australian Industrial Relations Commission (WAIRC) issued the 2021 State Wage Case decision. The WAIRC decision grants a 2.5% per week increase in WA award rates of pay from the first pay period on or after 1 July 2021.To view pay rates for previous years visit the Previous WA award summaries - pre 1 July 2021 page.
This WA award summary applies to businesses in the state industrial relations system. It covers businesses which operate as:
- sole traders (e.g. Jane Smith trading as Jane’s Removalists)
- unincorporated partnerships (e.g. Jane and Bob Smith trading as Jane’s Removalists)
- unincorporated trust arrangements (e.g. Jane and Bob Smith as trustees for the Smith Family Trust, trading as Jane’s Removalists)
- incorporated associations and other non-profit bodies that are not trading or financial corporations
This summary does not cover businesses and organsiations in the national industrial relations system which operate as:
- Pty Ltd businesses that are trading or financial corporations (e.g. Smith Pty Ltd trading as Jane’s Removalists)
- incorporated associations and other not-for-profit bodies that are trading or financial corporations
If the business or organisation is in the national system visit the Fair Work Ombudsman website: www.fairwork.gov.au