This publication is a summary of the Transport Workers (Passenger Vehicles) Award.
There are several WA awards covering the work of a driver or driver assistant. The award that applies will depend on the type of business:
On 24 June 2021 the Western Australian Industrial Relations Commission (WAIRC) issued the 2021 State Wage Case decision. The WAIRC decision grants a 2.5% per week increase in WA award rates of pay from the first pay period on or after 1 July 2021.
To view pay rates for previous years visit the Previous WA award summaries - pre 1 July 2021 page.
This WA award summary applies to businesses in the state industrial relations system. It covers businesses which operate as:
- sole traders (e.g. Jane Smith trading as Jane’s Bus Services)
- unincorporated partnerships (e.g. Jane and Bob Smith trading as Jane’s Bus Services)
- unincorporated trust arrangements (e.g. Jane and Bob Smith as trustees for the Smith Family Trust, trading as Jane’s Bus Services)
- incorporated associations and other non-profit bodies that are not trading or financial corporations
This summary does not cover businesses and organisations in the national industrial relations system which operate as:
- Pty Ltd businesses that are trading or financial corporations (e.g. Smith Pty Ltd trading as Jane’s Bus Services)
- incorporated partnerships or incorporated trusts
- incorporated associations and other non-profit bodies that are trading or financial corporations.
For more information visit the Guide to who is in the WA state system page. If the business or organisation is in the national system visit the Fair Work Ombudsman website www.fairwork.gov.au