Retirement village owner / operator


There can be many reasons why you might wish to leave a village – you may need to move to aged care, you may find that the village has become unaffordable, you may not like the new management, your family may move and you wish to move nearer to them or you may simply find that retirement village...
Leaving a retirement village
Consumer Protection has one metropolitan Perth office and six regional locations in Western Australia. Need to submit a payment? Cashier counter services are located at the Cannington office , you can lodge payments for: tenancy bonds; licence and registration applications; and associations,...
Contact Consumer Protection
Retirement village resources and sources of information There are a number of sources of information about retirement villages in Western Australia, some of which are outlined below. Consumer Protection: Contact the Seniors' Housing Centre on 1300 367 057. Read the So you're thinking of moving into...
Living in a retirement village
The media team is the first point of contact for journalists and other members of the media wanting information about Consumer Protection and its activities. The media team: prepares media releases and speeches arranges media interviews organises launches promoting our products and objectives...
Contact Consumer Protection
The Parliamentary Counsel's Office publishes all Western Australian legislation. You can seach and download Acts and Regulations in PDF or Word format. You can download a document with a list of Acts by administering portfolios .
About us
Status: Closed 15 July 2013 Updated: 1 April 2016 The Consultation included a wide ranging and comprehensive review of retirement village legislation over the past few years that heavily involved both residents and industry representatives. The aim of the reforms is to provide greater protection to...
In planning housing and lifestyle options, some people consider re-financing options that allow them to access equity built up in their existing home. Equity is the difference between the value of your home and any amount you still owe on it. These products are known as reverse mortgages or equity...
Accessing equity
Before you make any major decision about your housing options, please research your options thoroughly. It is a good idea to review the laws relating to your accommodation choice and to get independent advice. Resources Acts and regulations Copies of the Acts listed in this guide can be found at...
Seniors Housing Advisory Centre
Deciding where you want to live in your retirement can be daunting. No one knows what the future holds - you need to take into account various situations may arise but also realise you cannot control every possibility. Housing needs change with time. You may be considering changes to your housing...
Seniors Housing Advisory Centre
You can contact the Seniors's Housing Centre team by telephone, email or visiting our office. Phone 1300 367 057 Email Office Perth CBD Location Level 2, 140 William Street PERTH WA 6000 Please use the public lifts in Railway Lane off Murray St mall (in between Typo...
Seniors Housing Advisory Centre



June 2018 Welcome to our new retirement villages bulletin Welcome to the inaugural Consumer Protection WA retirement villages bulletin; we’re glad to have you on board. This new bulletin aims to make...
Consumer Protection
01 Oct 2018
Retirement villages bulletins provide topical information and reminders for retirement village industry. Have you subscribed to the bulletins? Keep up to date with the latest reminders, news and law...
Consumer Protection
18 Dec 2020
Minimum levels of security - residential tenancy laws
Consumer Protection
Guidance note
06 Apr 2020
Guide to new reforms for retirement villages
Consumer Protection
Guide / handbook
18 Apr 2018
Flowchart guides to time caps on recurrent changes - residential premises permanently vacated BEFORE 1 April 2014 (retirement villages) Flowchart guides to time caps on recurrent changes -...
Consumer Protection
Fact sheet
03 Jul 2019
Further information is available in the Exemption certificates under section 77C of the Retirement Villages Act - Guidelines for applicants Who can apply for an exemption certificate? An exemption...
Consumer Protection
Form – application
02 Jul 2018
Exemption certificates under section 77C of the Retirement Villages Act Further information about the exemption certificate and the application form are available at Prohibited persons exemption...
Consumer Protection
09 Feb 2018
This occupational safety and health (OSH) newsletter has been developed to provide information and assistance to employers, self-employed persons, persons having control of workplaces and employees...
06 Oct 2017
On Wednesday 1 June 2016, the WorkSafe Western Australia Commissioner released the Discussion Paper - Work Health and Safety Regulations for Western Australia (the discussion paper) for public...
19 Jul 2016
The attached forms are to be used from 1 July 2016.
Consumer Protection
Form – agreement
08 Jul 2016


Subscribe to RSS - Retirement village owner / operator