Agriculture industry news and events
Work health and safety is everybody’s business. We all have a role to play in keeping our workplaces healthy and safe.
You can stay connected by:
- attending your local agricultural shows and WorkSafe WA events like Safe Work Month
- sign up to WorkSafe’s regular email news alert
- follow WorkSafe on social media.
Agricultural Industry Inquiry
Following the 12th fatality in 12 months in the Western Australian agricultural industry, WorkSafe Commissioner Darren Kavanagh established an Inquiry and appointed an Independent Inquirer.
The Inquiry report into the agricultural industry in Western Australia and WorkSafe’s response has now been released.
- Inquiry into the agricultural industry in Western Australia – Report to the WorkSafe Commissioner
- Inquiry into the agricultural industry in Western Australia – WorkSafe Commissioner's response
WorkSafe plans to work with industry stakeholders, worker representatives and peak bodies to further drive work health and safety improvements in the sector, in line with the recommendations provided in the Inquiry Report.
For information on the inquiry visit Agricultural Industry Inquiry (www.wa.gov.au)
Dowerin Machinery Field Days
WorkSafe will be hosting a booth at this year’s Dowerin Machinery Field Days. Do you have a question about work health and safety? Call by and talk to one of our WorkSafe Inspectors.
- Date: Wednesday 30 – Thursday 31 August 2023
- Location: Dowerin
Perth Royal Show
- Dates: Saturday 23 September – Saturday 30 September 2023
- Location: Claremont Showgrounds
The Albany Agricultural Show
- Dates: Friday 10 November – Saturday 11 November 2023
- Location: Albany
WorkSafe WA Podcasts
This year’s Safe Work Month featured a series of podcasts with a focus on health and safety and include a number of farm safety topics. These podcasts are now available to be either downloaded from your favourite music streaming service or use the links below to listen on this device.
- Safety champion: Safety on a family owned farm
- Succession plan: Using the knowledge and skills of the older generation of farmers to implement safer work practices
- Then and now: Changes to the future in agriculture – How does the new legislation apply to you
- Where are you now: Working alone or in isolation on farms
WorkSafe email news alerts
Subscribe for the latest workplace health and safety information including safety alerts, guidance, events and legislative updates.
Follow WorkSafe on social media
Share this page: