Consulting with workers
Consultation is a collaborative process between operators of petroleum and geothermal energy facilities and their workers. It involves sharing information and ensuring that views of workers are taken into account when making decisions.
The Work Health and Safety (Petroleum and Geothermal Energy Operations) Regulations (WHS PAGEO Regulations) requires operators to involve workers by consulting:
- with workers on matters concerning health and safety
- involving workers in the development of safety cases and diving safety management systems (DSMS) including areas of risk management, incident investigation and change management.
Key success factors for worker involvement include commitment, competence, cooperation and human performance.
Involvement of workers: Guide
This guide provides operators with assistance to meet their obligations for effective involvement of workers.
- Petroleum and geothermal energy operations interpretive guidelines
These interpretive guidelines will assist onshore and offshore petroleum, pipeline and geothermal energy operators in the development and submission of a safety case.
- Petroleum and geothermal energy operations guides
Guides to support and assist onshore and offshore petroleum, pipeline and geothermal energy operators to meet their commitments under the Work Health and Safety Act 2020 and Work Health and Safety (Petroleum and Geothermal Energy Operations) Regulations 2022.
- Human factors for major hazard facility, petroleum and geothermal energy operations information sheets