How do I register my plant design?
Schedule 5 Division 1 of the Work Health and Safety (General) Regulations 2022 lists the items of plant requiring registration of design.
To register plant design you will need to complete and submit a Registration of or alteration to a plant design (WorkSafe) form, including any additional information required in support of the application.
Who can apply to register a plant design?
An applicant may be:
- A person conducting a business or undertaking that designs an item of plant; or
- A person with management or control of an item of plant.
Please note: The reduced fee for mining applications only apply to the mine operator and plant used exclusively on a mine site.
Please provide the following when submitting an application online:
- The completed and signed Form 200 - Registration of Plant Design or Alteration to Plant Design
- Representational drawing(s) of the plant design must be submitted with the application. The drawing must be in the English language and is capable of being electronically stored.
- If engineering principles were used in the design, details of these principles must be submitted with this application.
- Any other relevant information that may support the application.
- Contact details of payment card holder (if different to applicant).
What happens after I submit an application for design or alteration to design application?
Online application submissions will receive a confirmation, lodgement ID, and tax invoice via email.
Regulation 250 of the Work Health and Safety (General) Regulation 2022 details the requirements for making an application to register a plant design. Schedule 5 Division 1 of the Regulations lists the items of plant for which design registration is required.
You may also wish to refer to the design registration section of Frequently Asked Questions – Registration of plant design and items of plant.
Registration of design form
Please note: The reduced fee for mining applications only apply to the principal employer and plant used exclusively on a mine site.
IMPORTANT: Do not attach images or copies of credit or bank cards when applying online.
Please refer to WorkSafe Licensing fees for applicable fees