How do I register my plant design?
Schedule 5 Division 1 of the Work Health and Safety (General) Regulations 2022 lists the items of plant requiring registration of design.
To register plant design you will need to complete and submit a Form 200 – Registration of plant design/alteration to plant design, including any additional information required in support of the application.
Who can apply to register a plant design?
An applicant may be:
- A person conducting a business or undertaking that designs an item of plant; or
- A person with management or control of an item of plant.
Completed forms can be lodged by emailing the application and supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: The reduced fee for mining applications only apply to the mine operator and plant used exclusively on a mine site.
Please provide the following when submitting by email
- The completed and signed application form 200 along with supporting documentation.
- Representational drawing(s) of the plant design has been submitted with the application. The drawing must be in the English language and is capable of being electronically stored.
- If engineering principles were used in the design, details of these principles have been submitted with this application.
- Any other relevant information that may support the application.
- Provide email and phone number of payment holder details (required for payment)
What happens after I submit an application for design or alteration to design application?
When you have submitted your application via email to email@example.com your application will be processed and reviewed. A licensing officer will contact the payment holder for payment.
Regulation 250 of the Work Health and Safety (General) Regulation 2022 details the requirements for making an application to register a plant design. Schedule 5 Division 1 of the Regulations lists the items of plant for which design registration is required.
You may also wish to refer to the design registration section of the ‘Frequently Asked Questions – Registration of plant design and items of plant’ document.
Registration of design form
Please note: The reduced fee for mining applications only apply to the principle employer and plant used exclusively on a mine site.
Please refer to the WorkSafe Licensing fees page for fees related to your licence.
Share this page: