The department has developed how-to guides and help videos to assist candidates to navigate within the WHS Mines Statutory Positions Portal.
The MSPP help guides and videos should be viewed before using the portal.
New guides and videos will be added to these series as they are developed.
- Registering for an account
- Enrolling in a statutory learning pathway
- Attaching supporting documentation for statutory certificate learning pathways
- Cancelling and rescheduling an examination session booking
- Preparing for the examination process
- Downloading a statutory certificate or record of examination
- Resetting your password
- Preparing for a statutory examination [YouTube video] [Transcript]
- Understanding the legislation exams for statutory positions [YouTube video] [Transcript]
- Managing your MSPP account [YouTube video] [Transcript]
- Process to transition from a certificate of competency to a WHS statutory certificate [YouTube video] [Transcript]
- Submitting supporting documentation for statutory certificates [YouTube video] [Transcript]
- Understanding the mining practice exams for statutory positions [YouTube video] [Transcript]
Preparing for an examination
The following checklist will help on the day of your examination.
- Please arrive at least 30 minutes early for registration as you will need to present your photo ID for checking.
- Confirm the location and travel arrangements (including parking if required) well ahead of time so you are not late. Go to Cliftons Reception to be advised regarding the location for examination registration.
- Registration strictly closes 15 minutes before the examination session starts. You will not be able to sit the exam if you arrive after this time.
- Ensure you have your login credentials for the MSPP available.
- Copies of the Act, regulations and relevant codes of practice will be available for your use, but you may wish to bring your own marked-up copies.
- Electronic devices, pens and cheat sheets or notes are not permitted during the examination.
If your issue isn’t covered by the videos or in-system resources then please contact the WorkSafe Contact Centre on 1300 307 877 indicating your query relates to mines statutory positions. Depending on the issue to be resolved, administrative or technical support will be provided.
Share this page: