What kinds of plant require registration
Schedule 5 Division 2 of the Work Health and Safety Regulations 2022 (Regulations) require the following individual items of plant to be registered. [Regulations Schedule 5 Division 2]
- Boilers categorised as hazard level A, B or C according to criteria in Section 2.1 of AS 4343:2014 (Pressure equipment — Hazard levels).
- Pressure vessels categorised as hazard level A, B or C according to the criteria in Section 2.1 of AS 4343:2014 (Pressure equipment — Hazard levels), except —
- gas cylinders; and
- LP Gas fuel vessels for automotive use; and
- Serially produced vessels.
- Tower cranes including self-erecting tower cranes.
- Lifts and escalators and moving walkways.
- Building maintenance units.
- Amusement devices classified by Section 2.1 of AS 3533.1:2009 (Amusement rides and devices — Design and construction), except devices specified in clause 4(2).
- Concrete placing booms.
- Mobile cranes with a rated capacity of greater than 10 tonnes.
The following are items of plant that are exceptions to individual registration as listed in Schedule 5
- The items of plant listed in clause 3 do not include —
- Any pressure equipment (other than a gas cylinder) excluded from the scope of AS/NZS 1200:2015 (Pressure equipment); or
- A crane or hoist that is manually powered; or
- A reach stacker.
- The following devices are excluded from clause 3(6) —
- Class 1 devices;
- Playground devices;
- Water slides where water facilitates patrons to slide easily, predominantly under gravity, along a static structure;
- Wave generators where patrons do not come into contact with the parts of machinery used for generating water waves;
- Inflatable devices, other than inflatable devices (continuously blown) with a platform height of 3 metres or more.
Share this page: