Work health and safety guides
These guides describe practical measure that can be taken to prevent or minimise the risk of harm and contribute to the overall state of knowledge regarding hazards, risks and controls.
Health and safety representative guides
- Guide - Operating as an approved provider of health and safety representative (HSR) training in Western Australia
- Guide - Health and safety representative (HSR) refresher training course requirements
- Health monitoring duties for persons conducting a business or undertaking
- Health monitoring - Legislative requirements for registered medical practitioners
- Health monitoring - Arsenic (inorganic) A guide for registered medical practitioners
- Health monitoring - Lead (inorganic) A guide for registered medical practitioners
- Health monitoring guide for registered medical practitioners - Nickel and nickel compounds
- Health monitoring guide for Registered Medical Practitioners - Silica (respirable crystalline)
Overviews of the new WHS laws
Overview documents provide Information on the new WHS laws coming into effect in 2022. Guidance for mines and petroleum regulations will be released at a later date.
- Western Australia's Work Health and Safety Act 2020 - guide (dmirs.wa.gov.au)
- Overview of Western Australia’s Work Health and Safety (General) Regulations 2022 (dmirs.wa.gov.au)
Describe how the WHS regulator believes key concepts in the WHS Act will operate and provide an indication of how the laws will be enforced.
- The meaning of 'person conducting a business or undertaking’ (PCBU) – interpretive guideline (www.wa.gov.au)
- How to determine what is reasonably practicable to meet a health and safety duty - interpretive guideline (www.wa.gov.au)
- Discriminatory, coercive and misleading conduct - interpretive guideline (www.wa.gov.au)
- The health and safety duty of an officer (www.wa.gov.au)
- Duty of persons conducting business or undertakings that provide services relating to work health and safety (www.wa.gov.au)
- Guide to Work Health and Safety for volunteer organisations - This guide provides information on how the WHS Act applies to organisations that engage volunteers.
Share this page: