What Consumer Protection does
Consumer Protection provides advice and information for Western Australian consumers, businesses, landlords and tenants. Read our publication Your guide to Consumer Protection for further information.
The information on this website can help you with answer a question about:
- housing and accommodation
- shopping (consumers) and fair trading (businesses)
- motor cars
- scams, travelling conmen and unlicensed traders
- unsafe products
- charities and associations
- licences and registrations
- making complaints
We CANNOT help you with:
- Tenant vs tenant disputes: Tenancy WA 9221 0088 (Metro) and 1800 621 888 (Regional - free call)
- Telephone and internet services: Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman.
- Disputes with electricity, gas and water providers: Energy and Water Ombudsman Western Australia.
- Business names: Australian Securities and Investments Commission.
- Australian Business Numbers (ABNs): Australian Business Register.
- Commercial/retail leases: Small Business Development Corporation.
- First home owner grants: Department of Finance.
- Stamp duty: Department of Finance.
For individual advice you can contact us.
More information about Consumer Protection activities can be found in our year in review reports and on individual cases by reading the associated media statement.
Share this page: