Our EnergySafety and WorkSafe Divisions are located here on the first floor, while the Building Commission and Corporate Services Divisions are on the third floor.
Levels 1 & 3, Mason Bird Building (reception and public access on level 1)
303 Sevenoaks Street, Cannington (Corner of Grose Ave and Sevenoaks St)
Telephone: 08 6251 1900
Opening hours: 8:30am – 4:30pm (Monday to Friday)
- There are 5 free accessible parking bays located at the front of the building, accessible from Grose Avenue.
- Ramps have been installed to access the front of the building from the accessible car parking.
- Bathrooms are located on the ground floor behind and to the right of the security concierge post inside the entrance of the building. The bathroom door opens 801mm wide.
- An accessible customer service counter has been installed on the first floor at a height of 0.72 metres.
Parking and building access
The front of the building on Grose Avenue contains two separate parking areas with separate driveway entrances for free visitor parking. Among the many visitor parking spaces are five disabled parking bays, three to the right of the building’s front entrance and two to the left as you face the building from Grose Avenue. Bays are clearly identified by the blue line markings with the access symbol and signage at the head of the bay. Bays are 2.8 metres wide and 4.7 metres long.
Ramps have been installed to access the front of the building from the visitors’ car park areas in front of the building.
Accessibility inside the building
There are presently secure gates behind the security concierge desk. These gates were installed to add security, but these have been disengaged and the gates will be removed sometime in 2016-17 by the building’s owner. For the present time, the gates are continually opened and the centre gate is sufficiently wide for wheelchair access.
There are 5 lifts located on the ground floor foyer of the Mason Bird Building. Security swipe cards are required to enter the third floor at all times.
The lift buttons have braille marking,s however the lifts do not have audio.
Controls are at sitting height up to a height of 1.2 metres. All lift buttons and swipe readers for doors are located at a low height for accessibility purposes.
The automatic opening lift door is 1.1 metres wide and the lift car is 1.5 metres wide and 1.5 metres deep.
All main corridors in public areas are sufficiently wide to enable wheelchair access.
Emergency exit doors
All emergency access doors are clearly marked as such and include braille marking on the signage which is positioned at a height of 1.6 metres.
Accessible customer service centre
The first floor of the building contains a joint Customer Service Centre for EnergySafety, Worksafe and the Building Commission Divisions. One counter has been built to a height of 0.72 metres to allow better accessibility.
There are bathrooms located on:
- the ground floor of the building behind and to the right of the security concierge post inside the entrance of the building (door opening 801mm wide); or
- the first and third floors of the building directly to the south-eastern side of the lifts (door opening 720mm wide).
The signage to the bathrooms includes braille markings.