Rental forms and notices

There are a number of notices designed to help the lessor, property manager and tenant/s deal with various issues.

Only issue a notice after you have tried to negotiate the problem or dispute with the other person.

Standard forms and notices 

When a notice is served, proper procedures must be observed. If the matter ends up in court, the person who prepared the notice would have to prove it had been served correctly. How to serve notice correctly is covered in more detail in using notices and counting days.

Prescribed (must be used)  forms 1AA - 2

Please note PRESCRIBED forms are not to be altered except for property condition reports where extra content can be added. 

Restricted forms

All content must remain on the form and not be deleted or changed. 

  • Form 1AA: Residential tenancy agreement and help page
  • Form 1AC: Information for tenant  
  • Form 1AD: Information for tenant with non-written residential tenancy agreements   
  • Form 1A: Notice of termination for non-payment of rent (to be used only if a 14 day breach notice has been issued)
  • Form 1B: Notice of termination for non-payment of rent (to be used if no breach notice has been issued) 
  • Form 1C: Notice of termination (termination for one of seven grounds, other than non-payment of rent)
  • Form 2: Notice of termination of tenant’s interest in residential tenancy agreement on grounds of family violence  

Minimum content form

Users can add additional detail but cannot remove items. 

  • Form 1: Property condition report

Other required (must be used) forms CP2, 3, 10 - 17, 19, 24, FV evidence and bonds

  • Form CP2: Notice to former tenant as to disposal of goods 
  • Form 3: Notice as to disposal of goods 
  • Form 10: Notice to tenant of rent increase (except for rent calculated by tenant’s income)  
  • Form 11: Notice to tenant of rent increase calculated by tenant’s income  
  • Form 12: Notice to tenant of abandonment of premises  
  • Form 13: Notice of termination to tenant if premises abandoned  
  • Form 14: Notice to vacate from mortgagee to tenant
  • Form 17: Notice to tenant of proposed recovery of premises by person with superior title
  • Form 19: Notice of proposed entry to premises
  • Form 24: Request to lessor to affix furniture
  • Consumer Protection family violence report - evidence form


Suggested helpful forms 18, 18A, 20 - 23

These forms are not mandatory but may be useful.

Form 18: Application to rent residential premises
Form 18A: Written Notice about Use of Tenancy Databases
Form 20: Notice to tenant of breach of agreement (other than failure to pay rent)
Form 21: Breach notice for non-payment of rent
Form 22: Notice of termination from tenant to lessor
Form 23: Notice to lessor of breach of agreement

Magistrates Court forms

The following forms can be completed and lodged online or obtained from your nearest Magistrates Court:

  • Form 5: Notice of intention to dispute application for disposal of bond money (NB: Form 5 is included at the end of Form 6)
  • Form 6: Application for disposal of bond money
  • Form 12: Application for court order - if you are in a domestic violence situation, helpful notes have been developed on how to complete the Form 12

The following form can only be obtained from your nearest Magistrates Court:

  • Form 24: Authorisation for an agent to present a party’s case

Please note there may be Magistrate court fees.

More information

More information about using notices is available in the notices section, plus in the below renting guides and videos.

You can also contact: 

  • Consumer Protection contact centre - 1300 304 054
  • Magistrates Court forms are available from their website.

Renting a property - guides and videos


Share this page:

Last modified: