Reporting scams or unlicensed traders

This page is for: 
Business / companyConsumer


If you receive a letter, email, phone call or contact via social media (or any other method) that you think is suspicious please report it to WA ScamNet.   You can subscribe to the WA ScamNet alerts to be up to date on recent scams targeting Western Australians.

If you are a victim of a scam,

please call us on 1300 304 054 or send us an email at

If you have sent money

If you have sent money to a scammer via:

  • money transfer agent, such as Western Union or MoneyGram, contact them immediately and they may be able to stop the transfer
  • credit card, contact your bank or financial institution immediately.


Don't trust unqualified tradies or service providers. There are 26 different types to choose from.  You can use our licence search to check your trader is licensed.

If you think a trader is unlicensed or acting against the Australian Consumer Law please report them to us immediately via our Consumer Protection contact centre.

Our licensing and registration section has more information about occupations who require certification from Consumer Protection. 

Protect yourself from travelling conmen who offer cheap trade work. 

Last modified: