Welcome to Consumer Protection
How can Consumer Protection help you?
Consumer Protection promotes fair trading and protecting the rights of consumers and businesses in Western Australia. Consumer Protection WA is also responsible for some occupational licences, buying, selling and renting homes, cooperatives and not for profit legislation.
Follow the links below for information on our most common enquiries or you can use our main menu above:
- consultations and law reviews - have your say
- New laws for retirement village operators
- Seniors housing
- consumer alerts
- my shopping rights
- applying for a licence
- scams targeting WA
- the tenancy information pack
- buying, selling, building and renting a home
- getting a refund on goods or services
- warranties and lay-by agreements
- buying or selling a vehicle
- have your say on National or State reviews
- Indian Ocean Territories [PDF, 25 kB
- Australian Consumer Law information for consumers and businesses
- making a complaint
- downloading a publication or form
Contact the Consumer Protection Advice Line
Please note: the Consumer Protection Advice Line will open from 9.30 on Thursday 10 April 2014.