Our offices will close from Monday 24 December 2018 and will reopen on Thursday 3 January 2019. For urgent assistance during that period you can contact us.
Businesses and people working in certain industries must be licensed or registered with Consumer Protection. Abbreviations shown in brackets below represent the code for the type of licence.
Motor vehicle industry
- Dealers (MD)
- Repairers (MR)
- Repair businesses (MRB)
- Salespeople (MS)
- Yard managers (MY)
- Car market operators (MO)
- Exemptions for auctioneers, car hire operators and financiers
- Real estate agents (RA/RB)
- Real estate sales representatives (RR)
- Settlement agents (SA/SB)
- Land valuers (LV)
- Property developers
- Licence fees and forms
- Mutual recognition
- A list of professions who are authorised to witness applications
- Online licence and registration search
Other licences issued by the Department
- Building Commission licences: adjudicators, builders, building surveyors, painters and plumbers
- EnergySafety licences: electricians and gas fitters
- WorkSafe licences: people in asbestos removal, demolition and high risk work
Other industries may require licences, to find out more use the Small Business Development Corporation's business licence finder.
Consumer Protection Licensing Branch
Consumer Protection's Licensing Branch is located at Level 1, Mason Bird Building, 303 Sevenoaks Street, Cannington WA
Licensing Advice Line 1300 304 064.
To ensure any documents relating to your licence or application are processed as quickly as possible, please lodge them by email rather than fax.
Complaints and general enquiries should still be directed to the Consumer Protection Advice Line, by telephone on 1300 304 054 or by email.
Share this page: