All Australian businesses must comply with the Australian Consumer Law. This law also applies to the property industry.
- Consumer guarantees on goods and services
- Unconscionable conduct
- Unfair contract laws
- False or misleading representations
- Misleading or deceptive conduct
What we do:
- Provide advice and information on licensing and consumer laws for property to agents
- Provide consumer advice on buying and selling property
- Set limits to settlement agent fees
- Issue licences and certificates of registration
Recent scams have seen both real estate agents and their clients suffer massive losses. Please keep your clients and your business safe from unscrupulous scammers by ensuring 100 point ID checks are completed.
Share this page: