Alert to Perth motorists - fill up now to beat the petrol price rise
Motorists in Perth and Mandurah are advised to fill up now if they need to, with petrol prices set to rise tomorrow.
FuelWatch reports that, from 6am tomorrow (Wednesday 5 October 2022), the average price of regular unleaded petrol (ULP) will increase by 22 cents per litre (cpl) to 190.3 cpl. Puma/Caltex hiking by up to 38 cpl up to 203.9 cpl; 7-Eleven, Ampol, Coles Express, Caltex Woolworths/EG Ampol and BP up to 199.9 cpl; and Vibe up to 195.5 cpl.
Despite the average hike tomorrow, there are still 31 individual sites offering prices below 164 cpl, so consumers should check the FuelWatch website to find the lowest price near them. Buying fuel from the cheapest site rather than the most expensive, a difference of 48 cpl, means motorists can potentially save $28 on a 60 litre tank.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 156.9 cpl at FastFuel 24/7 (Forrestfield) in the East;
- 155.5 cpl at Atlas Fuel Welshpool in the South; and
- 157.9 cpl at 7-Eleven Banksia Grove, 7-Eleven Butler and 7-Eleven Joondalup in the North.
Wednesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 159.9 cpl at Glen Forrest Fuel in the East;
- 155.7 cpl at Costco Perth Airport (membership required) and 156.9 cpl at United South Lake and United Southern River in the South; and
- 158.9 cpl at United Bassendean, United Ellenbrook, United Mt Lawley and United Osborne Park in the North.
To find the cheapest fuel at any time, check the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site which features an interactive map. After 2.30pm each day both today’s and tomorrow’s prices are available. Also, get a daily update by subscribing to free email alerts or phone 1300 30 40 54. If you want to understand more about how FuelWatch works, go to www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au/about/works.
Media Contact: Alan Hynd, (08) 6552 9248 / 0429 078 791 / email@example.com
Share this page: