Alert to Perth motorists - fill up now to beat the petrol price rise
Motorists in Perth and Mandurah are advised to fill up now if they need to, with petrol prices set to rise tomorrow. After today it is likely motorists will have to wait for two weeks before petrol prices are again at the bottom of the price cycle.
FuelWatch reports that, from 6am tomorrow (Wednesday 26 January 2022), the average price of regular unleaded petrol (ULP) will increase by 27 cents per litre (cpl) to 184.2 cpl. BP hiking by up to 39 cpl up to 196.9 cpl; Caltex/Ampol and Coles Express up to 193.9 cpl; Puma up to 193.7 cpl; Caltex Woolworths up to 191.9 cpl; 7-Eleven up to 189.9 cpl; and Vibe up to 189.7 cpl.
Despite the average hike tomorrow, there are still 34 individual sites offering prices below 154 cpl, so consumers should check the FuelWatch website to find the lowest price near them. Buying fuel from the cheapest site rather than the most expensive, a difference of 46 cpl, means motorists can potentially save $27 on a 60 litre tank.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 149.7 cpl at 7-Eleven Brabham in the East;
- 150.7 cpl at Costco Perth Airport (membership required) and 151.5 cpl at Caltex Woolworths South Lake in the South; and
- 149.7 cpl at Puma Dayton in the North.
Wednesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 153.5 cpl at Vibe Upper Swan IGA Xpress in the East;
- 150.7 cpl at Costco Perth Airport (membership required) and 151.9 cpl at Liberty Gosnells in the South; and
- 152.5 cpl at Liberty Banksia Grove and Liberty Landsdale in the North.
To find the cheapest fuel at any time, check the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site which features an interactive map. After 2.30pm each day both today’s and tomorrow’s prices are available. Also, get a daily update by subscribing to free email alerts or phone 1300 30 40 54. If you want to understand more about how FuelWatch works, go to www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au/about/works.
Media Contact: Alan Hynd, (08) 6552 9248 / 0429 078 791 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this page: