Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average price of regular unleaded petrol (ULP) is set to increase by over 31 cents per litre (cpl) to 159 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers, if they can, to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Wednesday 9 June 2021, most branded retailers are hiking their ULP price: Caltex/Ampol and Coles Express hiking by between 43-46 cpl up to 171.9 cpl; Caltex Woolworths, 7-Eleven and BP to 169.9 cpl; Puma to 169.7 cpl; and Vibe to 159.5 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Monday and Tuesday and at their most expensive on Wednesday and Thursday – that’s why FuelWatch recommends filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 35 sites selling below 127 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 50 cpl, which means you can save up to $30 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 124.6 cpl at NightOwl Shell Bellevue in the East;
- 121.7 cpl at Costco Perth Airport (membership required) and 123.9 cpl at 7-Eleven Cockburn Central, Caltex StarShop South Lake, Caltex Woolworths Canning Vale, Caltex Woolworths Maddington West, Caltex Woolworths South Lake, NightOwl Shell Maddington and United Maddington in the South; and
- 123.3 cpl at 7-Eleven Wanneroo, 7-Eleven Wanneroo South and Vibe Wanneroo in the North.
Wednesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 125.5 cpl at Shell High Wycombe in the East;
- 121.7 cpl at Costco Perth Airport (membership required) and 123.9 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Maddington West and United Maddington in the South; and
- 123.5 cpl at Vibe Morley in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 10,000 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
Media Contact: Alan Hynd, (08) 6552 9248 / 0429 078 791 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this page: