How to lodge a formal complaint
Consumer Protection is currently experiencing a high level of demand for its conciliation services which will delay the progress of some complaints. Complaints may be queued and will be allocated in order of priority.
If you haven’t done so already, please see the Consumer Complaint Checklist for self-help options that may assist you to resolve your complaint sooner.
If you have had no success with the steps you have taken to try and resolve a problem with a business or trader and the industry is regulated by Consumer Protection, you can lodge a formal complaint by:
- completing the step-by-step online complaint form; or
- printing and filling in complaint form (handwritten/offline) which can be mailed or lodged in person at our Perth or regional offices.
More information is on the What happens when you complain page.
If you have to go to court.
The following pages have more information about going to court:
- Going to the State Administrative Tribunal
- Going to the Magistrate Court
- If they don't pay - What happens when court or tribunal orders are not paid.
Need some assistance?
To ask for assistance or follow up a complaint you have lodged you can call 1300 304 054.
Share this page: