How to lodge a formal complaint
If you have had no success with the steps you have taken to try and resolve a problem with a business or trader, you can lodge a formal complaint with Consumer Protection by:
- completing the step-by-step online complaint form; or
- printing and filling in complaint form (handwritten/offline) which can be mailed or lodged in person at our Perth or regional offices.
Consumer Protection aims to acknowledge the complaint within four days and to commence an investigation or conciliation within 10 days.
More information is on the What happens when you complain page.
If you have to go to court.
The following pages have more information about going to court:
- Going to the State Administrative Tribunal
- Going to the Magistrate Court
- If they don't pay - What happens when court or tribunal orders are not paid.
Need some assistance?
To ask for assistance or follow up a complaint you have lodged you can call 1300 30 40 54.
Share this page: