Assistance and enquiries

This page is for: 
Employee / workerEmployer

Bullying in the workplace may be described as repeated inappropriate behaviour that can occur at work and/or in the course of employment. It may be direct or indirect, verbal or physical, or some form of negative interaction between one or more persons against another or others. Bullying behaviour can be regarded as undermining an individual's right to dignity at work.

Where can you get assistance

There are a number of organisations which can assist you with an enquiry or support. 

Immediate assistance and support

If you have mental health concerns, you could contact one of the following helplines or organisations. Your local general practitioner may also be of assistance.

Agency or company Telephone contact
Mental Health Emergency Response Line – for a psychiatric emergency assessment and advisory service – 24 hours/7 days
(08) 9224 8888 
1300 555 788 (Perth metropolitan area) 1300 676 822 (Peel Region) 
Lifeline – for telephone crisis support – 24 hours/7 days  13 11 14 
Crisis Care Helpline – for telephone crisis support – 24 hours/7 days 9223 1111 (Perth) 
1800 199 008 (State wide) 
Samaritans Crisis Line – for telephone crisis support – 24 hours/7 days  (08) 9381 5555 
1800 198 313 (country callers) 
Kids Helpline – for a counselling service for those aged 5-25 years – 24 hours/7 days 1800 551 800 
Mensline telephone support – for information, support and referrals for men – 24 hours/7 days 1300 789 978 
Parent line WA – for telephone counselling for parents and carers of children – 24 hours/ 7 days  1800 654 432 
Beyondblue information line – for information on depression, anxiety and related disorders and treatments and referrals  1300 224 636 
SANE mental health information – for information and advice on symptoms, treatments, medications, support and help for carers – 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday  1800 187 263 
AnglicareWA Relationship Services (KinWay) - for relationship counselling including bullying 
There are offices in various locations in Western Australia. For telephone numbers, go to the website.  
Centre Care – for counselling services from offices in various parts of Western Australia  For telephone numbers, go to the website and look under ‘Counselling and Support Services’. 
Relationships Australia, Western Australia – for counselling services in various parts of Western Australia  1300 364 277
Sexual Assault Resource Centre (SARC)  


Refer to Toolkits and information resources for further information on bullying.


Last modified: