Alert to Perth motorists - fill up now to beat the petrol price rise
Motorists in Perth and Mandurah are advised to fill up now if they need to, with petrol prices set to rise tomorrow. After today it is likely motorists will have to wait for two weeks before petrol prices are again at the bottom of the price cycle.
FuelWatch reports that, from 6am tomorrow (Wednesday 20 October 2021), the average price of regular unleaded petrol (ULP) will increase by more than 26 cents per litre (cpl) to 178.1 cpl. Coles Express hiking by up to 39 cpl up to 190.9 cpl; BP up to 189.9 cpl; Vibe up to 187.7 cpl; Caltex/Ampol and Caltex Woolworths up to 183.9 cpl; Puma up to 183.7 cpl; and 7-Eleven up to 179.9 cpl.
Despite the average hike tomorrow, there are still 46 individual sites offering prices below 154 cpl, so consumers should check the FuelWatch website to find the lowest price near them. Buying ULP from the cheapest site rather than the most expensive, a difference of 44 cpl, means motorists can potentially save $26 on a 60 litre tank.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 147.6 cpl at NightOwl Shell Bellevue in the East;
- 146.7 cpl at Costco Perth Airport (membership required) and 146.9 cpl at 7-Eleven Cockburn Central and 7-Eleven Maddington South in the South; and
- 147.9 cpl at 13 sites in the North.
Wednesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 149.5 cpl at Shell High Wycombe in the East;
- 146.7 cpl at Costco Perth Airport (membership required) and 147.9 cpl at Liberty Gosnells in the South; and
- 147.9 cpl at Liberty Banksia Grove in the North.
To find the cheapest fuel at any time, check the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site which features an interactive map. After 2.30pm each day both today’s and tomorrow’s prices are available. Also, get a daily update by subscribing to free email alerts or phone 1300 30 40 54. If you want to understand more about how FuelWatch works, go to www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au/about/works.
Media Contact: Alan Hynd, (08) 6552 9248 / 0429 078 791 / email@example.com
Share this page: