Alert to Perth motorists - fill up now to beat the petrol price rise
14 June 2022
Motorists in Perth and Mandurah are advised to fill up now if they need to, with petrol prices set to rise tomorrow. After today it is likely motorists will have to wait for two weeks before petrol prices are again at the bottom of the price cycle. FuelWatch reports that, from 6am tomorrow (Wednesday 15 June 2022), the average price of regular unleaded petrol (ULP) will increase by 25 cents per litre (cpl) to 214.4 cpl. Coles Express hiking by up to 42 cpl up to 228.9 cpl; Caltex Woolworths, Ampol and BP up to 224.9 cpl; Puma up to 224.7 cpl; 7-Eleven up to 221.9 cpl; and Vibe up to 219.7 cpl.
Despite the average hike tomorrow, there are still 36 individual sites offering prices below 188 cpl, so consumers should check the FuelWatch website to find the lowest price near them. Buying fuel from the cheapest site rather than the most expensive, a difference of 44 cpl, means motorists can potentially save $26 on a 60 litre tank.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 186.9 cpl at Coles Express Forrestfield in the East;
- 184.7 cpl at Costco Perth Airport (membership required) and 184.9 cpl at Vibe Kwinana OPT in the South; and
- 185.3 cpl at Shell Alkimos, United Bassendean, United Hepburn Heights, United Neerabup, United Osborne Park and United Tapping in the North.
Wednesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 189.3 cpl at Vibe Forrestfield in the East;
- 184.7 cpl at Costco Perth Airport (membership required) and 185.3 cpl at United Maddington in the South; and
- 185.3 cpl at Shell Alkimos in the North.
To find the cheapest fuel at any time, check the mobile compatible FuelWatch website which features an interactive map. After 2.30pm each day both today’s and tomorrow’s prices are available. Also, get a daily update by subscribing to free email alerts or phone 1300 30 40 54. If you want to understand more about how FuelWatch works, go to the FuelWatch website.
Media Contact: Claudine Murphy, (08) 6552 9357/ 0459 928 737/
Share this page: