Alert to Perth motorists - fill up now to beat the petrol price rise
Motorists in Perth and Mandurah are advised to fill up now if they need to, with petrol prices set to rise tomorrow.
FuelWatch reports that, from 6am tomorrow (Wednesday 2 November 2022), the average price of regular unleaded petrol (ULP) will increase by 24 cents per litre (cpl) to 198.5 cpl. Puma/Caltex and Ampol hiking by between 35-45 cpl up to 214.9 cpl; Coles Express, EG Ampol, 7-Eleven and BP up to 209.9 cpl; and Vibe up to 209.5 cpl.
Despite the average hike tomorrow, there are still 38 individual sites offering prices below 170 cpl, so consumers should check the FuelWatch website to find the lowest price near them. Buying fuel from the cheapest site rather than the most expensive, a difference of 49 cpl, means motorists can potentially save $29 on a 60 litre tank.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 169.3 cpl at Vibe Forrestfield in the East;
- 166.7 cpl at Costco Perth Airport (membership required) and 167.5 cpl at Atlas Fuel Ascot and Atlas Fuel Welshpool in the South; and
- 167.9 cpl at Coles Express Duncraig in the North.
Wednesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 169.5 cpl at Shell High Wycombe in the East;
- 165.7 cpl at Costco Perth Airport (membership required) and 167.3 cpl at Vibe Ascot IGA Xpress in the South; and
- 168.5 cpl at Liberty Banksia Grove in the North.
To find the cheapest fuel at any time, check the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site which features an interactive map. After 2.30pm each day both today’s and tomorrow’s prices are available. Also, get a daily update by subscribing to free email alerts or phone 1300 30 40 54. If you want to understand more about how FuelWatch works, go to www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au/about/works.
Media Contact: Alan Hynd, (08) 6552 9248 / 0429 078 791 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this page: