Alert to Perth motorists - fill up now to beat the petrol price rise
Motorists in Perth and Mandurah are advised to fill up now if they need to, with petrol prices set to rise tomorrow. Over the past few weeks, the pattern of petrol pricing by the major fuel companies show a full return to weekly price cycles. After today motorists will likely have to wait a week before petrol prices are again at the bottom of the price cycle.
FuelWatch reports that, from 6am tomorrow (Wednesday 1 February 2023), the average price of regular unleaded petrol (ULP) will increase by 25 cents per litre (cpl) to 196.6 cpl. Ampol, Caltex/Puma, EG Ampol, Coles Express, 7-Eleven and BP hiking by 37-44 cpl up to 209.9 cpl; Vibe up to 199.5 cpl; and United up to 197.9 cpl.
Despite the average hike tomorrow, there are still 50 individual sites offering prices below 170 cpl, so consumers should check the FuelWatch website to find the lowest price near them. Buying fuel from the cheapest site rather than the most expensive, a difference of 47 cpl, means motorists can potentially save $28 on a 60 litre tank.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 164.9 cpl at Atlas Fuel Midvale in the East;
- 162.7 cpl at Costco Casuarina and Costco Perth Airport (membership required) and 164.5 cpl at Atlas Fuel Ascot in the South; and
- 164.7 cpl at Puma Mount Lawley in the North.
Wednesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 165.9 cpl at FastFuel 24/7 in the East;
- 162.7 cpl at Costco Casuarina and Costco Perth Airport (membership required) and 164.9 cpl at Liberty O'Connor in the South; and
- 165.3 cpl at Burk Alkimos and Metro Malaga in the North.
To find the cheapest fuel at any time, check the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site which features an interactive map. After 2:30pm each day both today’s and tomorrow’s prices are available. Also, get a daily update by subscribing to free email alerts or phone 1300 30 40 54. If you want to understand more about how FuelWatch works, go to www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au/about/works.
Media Contact: Alan Hynd, (08) 6552 9248 / 0429 078 791 / email@example.com
Share this page: