Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average price of unleaded petrol is set to increase by over 19 cents per litre (cpl) to 149.3 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 27 August 2019, most Coles Express sites are increasing their ULP price to 158.9 cpl (hiking by 27 cpl). Most BP and Caltex sites are increasing their ULP price to 156.9 cpl and most Caltex Woolworths, all 7-Eleven and most Puma sites to 155.7 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why FuelWatch recommends filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 30 sites selling below 128 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 34 cpl, which means you can save up to $20 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 125.9 cpl at BP 2go Morrison Road (Midvale), BP Maida Vale and BP The Lakes Roadhouse in the East;
- 124.5 cpl at 7-Eleven Cockburn Central and Caltex Woolworths South Lake in the South; and
- 124.5 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Morley Galleria in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 126.7 cpl at Shell High Wycombe and Puma High Wycombe in the East;
- 124.5 cpl at Caltex Woolworths South Lake in the South; and
- 125.1 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Morley Galleria in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 11,500 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
Media Contact: Alina Cavanagh, (08) 6552 9471 / 0423 846 397
Share this page: