Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average price of regular unleaded petrol (ULP) is set to increase by over 31 cents per litre (cpl) to 136.9 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers, if they can, to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Wednesday 16 December 2020, most branded retailers are hiking their ULP price: 7-Eleven, Caltex/Ampol, Caltex Woolworths and Coles Express hiking by between 43-45 cpl up to 147.9 cpl; BP up to 145.9 cpl; Puma up to 145.7 cpl; and Vibe up to 143.7 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Monday and Tuesday and at their most expensive on Wednesday and Thursday – that’s why FuelWatch recommends filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still more than 35 sites selling below 104 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 46 cpl, which means you can save up to $27 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 101.7 cpl at 7-Eleven Midland in the East;
- 101.7 cpl at Costco Perth Airport (membership required) and 101.8 cpl at Liberty Calista in the South; and
- 101.7 cpl at Vibe Morley in the North.
Wednesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 101.7 cpl at Vibe Morley in the North;
- 101.7 cpl at Costco Perth Airport (membership required) and 101.9 cpl at 7-Eleven Cockburn Central and Caltex Woolworths South Lake in the South; and
- 103.9 cpl at Caltex StarMart Midvale in the East.
Drivers can head to the mobile-compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 10,000 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
Media contact: CPmedia@dmirs.wa.gov.au
Share this page: