Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average price of ULP is set to increase by over 33 cents per litre (cpl) to 150.2 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers, if they can, to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Wednesday 17 February 2021, most branded retailers are hiking their ULP price: 7-Eleven, Caltex/Ampol, Caltex Woolworths and Coles Express hiking by up to 44 cpl to 159.9 cpl; Puma to 159.7 cpl; BP to 158.9 cpl; and Vibe to 149.7 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Monday and Tuesday and at their most expensive on Wednesday and Thursday – that’s why FuelWatch recommends filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 40 sites selling below 118 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 51 cpl, which means you can save up to $30 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 113.5 cpl at and Puma Upper Swan in the East;
- 111.7 cpl at Costco Perth Airport (membership required) and 112.5 cpl at 7-Eleven Forrestdale in the South; and
- 111.5 cpl at Liberty Banksia Grove in the North.
Wednesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 115.5 cpl at Shell High Wycombe in the East;
- 110.7 cpl at Costco Perth Airport (membership required) and 113.5 cpl at 7-Eleven Cockburn Central, Puma Hamilton Hill, Puma Hamilton Hill South and Puma Munster in the South; and
- 111.5 cpl 7-Eleven Banksia Grove in the North.
For LPG/autogas motorists, recent increases in the international benchmark price for LPG has set an expectation for local prices to increase. Tomorrow, Caltex is hiking its LPG price by 10 cpl to 109.9 cpl, this is on top of a 10 cpl increase today. FuelWatch recommends LPG drivers to shop around. Today and tomorrow, there are at least 35 sites selling LPG below 90 cpl.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 10,000 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
Media Contact: Alan Hynd, (08) 6552 9248 / 0429 078 791 / email@example.com
Share this page: