Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average price of regular unleaded petrol (ULP) is set to increase by over 32 cents per litre (cpl) to 151.6 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers, if they can, to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Wednesday 24 February 2021, most branded retailers are hiking their ULP price: Caltex Woolworths hiking by up to 46 cpl to 163.9 cpl; 7-Eleven, Caltex/Ampol and Coles Express to 161.9 cpl; BP to 160.9 cpl; Puma to 159.7 cpl; and Vibe to 149.7 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Monday and Tuesday and at their most expensive on Wednesday and Thursday – that’s why FuelWatch recommends filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 30 sites selling below 117 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 51 cpl, which means you can save up to $30 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 116.9 cpl at and Caltex StarShop Swan View in the East;
- 112.7 cpl at Costco Perth Airport (membership required) and 115.6 cpl 7-Eleven Maddington South in the South; and
- 111.5 cpl at 7-Eleven Banksia Grove in the North.
Wednesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 117.9 cpl at FastFuel 24/7 in the East;
- 112.7 cpl at Costco Perth Airport (membership required) and 116.5 cpl at 7-Eleven Cockburn Central, Caltex Woolworths South Lake, Liberty Gosnells, United Armadale, United Bibra Lake, United South Lake and United Southern River in the South; and
- 115.3 cpl at Vibe Morley and in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 10,000 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
Media Contact: Alan Hynd, (08) 6552 9248 / 0429 078 791 / email@example.com
Share this page: