Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average price of regular unleaded petrol (ULP) is set to increase by over 31 cents per litre (cpl) to 158 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers, if they can, to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Wednesday 7 April 2021, most branded retailers are hiking their ULP price: 7-Eleven, Caltex Woolworths and Coles Express hiking by 42-46 cpl to 169.9 cpl; Puma to 169.7 cpl; BP and Caltex/Ampol to 167.9 cpl; and Vibe to 159.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Monday and Tuesday and at their most expensive on Wednesday and Thursday – that’s why FuelWatch recommends filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 30 sites selling below 123 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 49 cpl, which means you can save up to $29 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 122.7 cpl at 7-Eleven Middle Swan and 7-Eleven Midvale in the East;
- 120.7 cpl at Costco Perth Airport (membership required) and 121.3 cpl at 7-Eleven Harrisdale and Vibe Piara Waters in the South; and
- 121.9 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Morley Galleria in the North.
Wednesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 124.5 cpl at Better Choice Bellevue in the East;
- 120.7 cpl at Costco Perth Airport (membership required) and 121.1 cpl at Vibe Piara Waters in the South; and
- 121.9 cpl at United Tapping in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 10,000 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
Media Contact: Alan Hynd, (08) 6552 9248 / 0429 078 791 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this page: