Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average price of regular unleaded petrol (ULP) is set to increase by over 30 cents per litre (cpl) to 160.8 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers, if they can, to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Wednesday 23 June 2021, most branded retailers are hiking their ULP price: Coles Express hiking by up to 44 cpl up to 175.9 cpl; 7-Eleven and Caltex Woolworths to 173.9 cpl; Caltex/Ampol and BP to 171.9 cpl; Puma to 171.7 cpl and Vibe to 160.5 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Monday and Tuesday and at their most expensive on Wednesday and Thursday – that’s why FuelWatch recommends filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still 40 sites selling below 128 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 51 cpl, which means you can save up to $30 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 126.9 cpl at 7-Eleven Wattle Grove in the East;
- 124.7 cpl at Costco Perth Airport (membership required) and 125.3 cpl at 7-Eleven Forrestdale and 7-Eleven Southern River in the South; and
- 124.5 cpl at United Bassendean in the North.
Wednesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 127.5 cpl at Shell High Wycombe in the East;
- 124.7 cpl at Costco Perth Airport (membership required) and 125.5 cpl at 7-Eleven Forrestdale and United Southern River in the South; and
- 124.5 cpl at 7-Eleven Bassendean and United Bassendean in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 10,000 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
Media Contact: Alan Hynd, (08) 6552 9248 / 0429 078 791 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this page: