Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average price of regular unleaded petrol (ULP) is set to increase by over 28 cents per litre (cpl) to 167.4 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers, if they can, to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Wednesday 11 August 2021, most branded retailers are hiking their ULP price: BP and Coles Express hiking by up to 39 cpl up to 178.9 cpl; 7-Eleven up to 177.9 cpl; Caltex/Ampol up to 176.9 cpl; Vibe and Puma up to 176.7 cpl; and Caltex Woolworths up to 175.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Monday and Tuesday and at their most expensive on Wednesday and Thursday – that’s why FuelWatch recommends filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still 25 sites selling below 137 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 46 cpl, which means you can save up to $27 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 135.7 cpl at 7-Eleven Midland in the East;
- 132.7 cpl at Costco Perth Airport (membership required) and 133.5 cpl at 7-Eleven Cockburn Central in the South; and
- 133.9 cpl at 7-Eleven Morley in the North.
Wednesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 136.9 cpl at FastFuel 24/7 in the East;
- 132.7 cpl at Costco Perth Airport (membership required) and 133.9 cpl at Atlas Fuel Kwinana in the South; and
- 134.9 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Mirrabooka in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 10,000 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
Media Contact: Alan Hynd, (08) 6552 9248 / 0429 078 791 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this page: