Building company appoints administrators (Capital Works Constructions Pty Ltd (Reg. BC14510) / Freelife Homes)

This announcement is for: 

On 7 May 2015 building company Capital Works Constructions Pty Ltd, trading as Freelife Homes, appointed Jason Tracy and Gary Doran of Deloitte as Joint Voluntary Administrators of the company.

Home owners who have entered into a home building work contract with Freelife Homes and have unfinished, faulty or unsatisfactory work should be covered by home indemnity insurance (HII). They are advised to contact the company’s administrators or their insurer, QBE for details of how to lodge an insurance claim. Clients whose building work has not commenced should also contact the administrator or QBE.

The administrators can be contacted by email or by phone (08) 9365 7045. Insolvency case information can be viewed on the Deloitte website. Home indemnity insurer QBE can be contacted on 1300 790 723 or

Building Commissioner Peter Gow said Freelife Homes had been closely monitored by the Building Commission and the company’s home indemnity insurer prior to it going into administration.

“The Building Services Board, on 1 May 2015, placed a condition on Capital Works Constructions Pty Ltd’s registration as a building services contractor, restricting it from entering into further building services contracts,” Mr Gow said.

“The Building Commission will continue its investigations into a number of disciplinary complaints made against Capital Works Constructions and its directors.”

Residential building work contracts in Western Australia are governed by the Home Building Contracts Act 1991. If residential building work valued over $20,000 is to be undertaken, the Act requires that a builder take out HII in the name of the owner before accepting payment or commencing work. HII protects home owners against financial loss if a builder cannot complete residential building work or meet a valid claim for faulty or unsatisfactory building work because of death, disappearance or insolvency.

The Building Commission provides general information for home owners who are concerned about unfinished building work on its website at Further information on home indemnity insurance is also available on the website at

General enquiries

Media contacts (for journalists/producers only)


Building and Energy
Department News
08 May 2015

Last modified: