Safe Work Month 2021
The health and safety of Western Australian workplaces remains a priority. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, last year the WA government launched a virtual Safe Work Month. This year the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety continues to deliver occupational health and safety messages.
This year’s Safe Work Month will continue to feature on-demand videos with a focus on health and safety for both the mining industry and general workplaces. There will be a significant spotlight on the implementation of Western Australia’s Work Health and Safety Act 2020 with an additional nine on-demand videos and eight live webinars.
The theme "Make a difference – speak up about health and safety" is a reminder that we all have the responsibility to look out for one another. Speak up if you see an incident and report it.
Safety and health representatives, managers, supervisors, safety professionals and workers in all industry sectors are encouraged to register.
On-demand videos will include:
Hear from safety leaders and inspectors on workplace health and safety
- Mental health in the workplace
- Participative safety and manual tasks
- Psychological safety and inclusivity at work
- Reporting violence and aggression in the workplace
- WorkSafe WA: Investigation fatality statistics
- WorkSafe WA Silica Compliance Project
Hear from safety leaders and inspectors on mine health and safety
- Mines Safety: How are we going?
- Mentally healthy workplaces in the mining industry
- Exploration safety: An operational imperative
- Health and hygiene management plans status for 2021-22
- Setting the standard – Underground mine ventilation plans
Hear from safety leaders and inspectors on WHS:
- Message from the Minister for Industrial Relations: Update on WA’s new work health and safety laws
- New Work Health and Safety laws implemented in Western Australia
- Work Health and Safety Act 2020 Duties
- WHS: Compliance and enforcement approach
- Work Health and Safety Act 2020 – Part 4 Authorisations
- Work Health and Safety Regulations Chapters 1-5
- Work Health and Safety Regulations Chapters 6-11
- Work Health and Safety (Mines) Regulations and Mine Safety Management System
- The new Petroleum and Geothermal Energy Operation Regulations – What will it mean for Operators?
Also sign up to watch and participate in our live webinars:
- WHS and the WorkSafe Commissioner
- Overview of Western Australia’s Work Health and Safety Act 2020
- Work Health and Safety (Mines) Regulations 2021 – Opportunities to ask questions
- Work Health and Safety (General) Regulations 2021 – Opportunities to ask questions
- Work Health and Safety (Petroleum and Geothermal Energy Operations) Regulations 2021 – Opportunities to ask questions
- Health and Safety Representatives under the WHS laws
- Asbestos and WHS – What you need to know
- WHS Authorisations (licences, permits and registrations)
Share this page: