Wageline has published our annual comprehensive information for state system employers and employees on the employment arrangements for the public holidays over the Christmas New Year period.
This season’s public holidays are:
- Christmas Day, Monday 25 December 2023
- Boxing Day, Tuesday 26 December 2023
- New Year’s Day, Monday 1 January 2024.
The Christmas - New Year 2023-2024 public holiday entitlements page provides:
- information on which dates are observed as the public holidays for employers and employees covered by key WA awards
- detailed information on public holiday arrangements for:
- State system award free employees
- Shop and Warehouse (Wholesale and Retail Establishments) Award
- Restaurant, Tearoom, and Catering Workers Award
- Hairdressers Award.
Opening hours for Wageline over the festive season
Wageline will be closed over the Christmas and New Year period.
Closed: Monday 25 December 2023 to Tuesday 2 January 2024
Reopens: Tuesday 2 January 2024, 9am
During the closedown period, the Wageline call centre and Private Sector Labour Relations will not be available. You can find more information about your employment obligations and rights on the Wageline website.
You can call Wageline when it reopens from 9am, Tuesday 2 January 2024 on 1300 655 266 with your employment queries.