There are two systems of employment law that operate in WA – the state industrial relations system and the national fair work system. These systems have different employment obligations, so getting the right information is critical.
Employers and employees cannot choose which system they operate in.
Wageline’s new WA employer essentials at www.dmirs.wa.gov.au/WA-employers explains:
- how to determine which industrial relations system covers your business; and
- where to find information on pay rates and other employment entitlements for your employees so that you comply with your legal obligations.
Stay informed with Wageline
- Like and follow us on the Wageline Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Subscribe to Wageline News for monthly updates on key issues.
- Call the Wageline contact centre on 1300 655 266 with queries on employment rights and obligations.