Public holidays in Western Australia
|New Year's Day||Thursday 1 January||Friday 1 January||Sunday 1 January
Monday 2 January
|Australia Day||Monday 26 January||Tuesday 26 January||Thursday 26 January|
|Labour Day||Monday 2 March||Monday 7 March||Monday 6 March|
|Good Friday||Friday 3 April||Friday 25 March||Friday 14 April|
|Easter Monday||Monday 6 April||Monday 28 March||Monday 17 April|
|ANZAC Day||Saturday 25 April
Monday 27 April
|Monday 25 April||Tuesday 25 April|
|Western Australia Day||Monday 1 June||Monday 6 June||Monday 5 June|
|Queen's Birthday #||Monday 28 September||Monday 26 September||Monday 25 September|
|Christmas Day||Friday 25 December||Sunday 25 December
Monday 26 December
|Monday 25 December|
|Boxing Day||Saturday 26 December
Monday 28 December
|Monday 26 December
Tuesday 27 December
|Tuesday 26 December|
- When New Year’s Day, Anzac Day, or Christmas Day falls on a Saturday or Sunday the next following Monday is also a public holiday.
- When Boxing Day falls on a Saturday the next following Monday is also a public holiday, and when Boxing Day falls on a Sunday or Monday the next following Tuesday is also a public holiday.
# Some regional areas in WA hold the Queen's Birthday public holiday on a different date - the 2015 dates are available on the Regional public holiday dates page.
School term and school holiday dates for WA are on the Department of Education website.
Earlier dates for public holidays can be found on the Previous years public holiday dates page.
Employment entitlements for public holidays
Employment entitlements for public holidays will vary based on an employee's award coverage and employment arrangements.
- This website has information on pay and entitlements for public holidays for WA state system employers and employees.
- Visit the ANZAC day 2015 Public Holiday Arrangements page for information on Anzac Day for state system employers and employees.
- National system employers and employees should visit the Fair Work Ombudsman website www.fairwork.wa.gov.au
Share this page: