Apply for a new high risk work licence

On 31 March 2024 the requirements for high risk work licences to operate concrete placing booms and material hoists will change.

  • A concrete placing (PB) class of high risk work licence will be required to operate any concrete placing boom, including those not mounted on a vehicle.
  • A materials hoist (HM) or personnel hoist (HP) class of high risk work licence will be required to operate any materials hoist, regardless of the maximum vertical movement.

In some instances, this may require existing operators to undertake training and apply for a high risk work licence to continue to operate this machinery.

See the application guide to find about how to apply for a high risk work licence.

Pro tips for a successful HRWL application

To ensure a successful application, please follow these simple steps:

  • make sure your Notice of Assessment (NOA) is not more than 60 days old when you submit your application.
  • make sure your Notice of Assessment (NOA) and Statement of Attainment (SOA) are completed in full.
  • include a high-quality photograph that meets passport standards.
  • take the time to carefully read and complete the application form, ensuring that you fill in every section accurately.

Submit your application

Important: Do not attach images or copies of credit or bank cards when applying online.

Submit your application onlineApply and pay for your application.

By post or in person

Follow the instructions on the form to submit your Application for a licence to perform high risk work

If you have an existing high risk work licence in WA or another Australian state or territory use the application forms on the ‘add a class’ or ‘Transfer your interstate licence’  pages.


Please refer to the Licensing fees page for fees related to your licence.

Contact us

If you require additional information in relation to the above, please contact Licensing Services:

Phone: 1300 424 091


Last modified: