Fitness services concerns and complaints
If you have a problem with your fitness service the first thing you should do is tell them about it. Most businesses will want to do the right thing and address your concerns.
The Fitness Code requires all fitness services to:
- have a formal complaint process in place;
- provide information to clients on how to lodge a complaint;
- respond to clients’ complaints.
If you cannot resolve a concern or complaint verbally, you can make a formal complaint in writing to the business. The business must then:
- try to resolve the complaint as quickly as possible;
- respond to you within seven days confirming your complaint has been received;
- keep a record of the complaint file.
If you are unhappy with the fitness supplier's response to your complaint contact us for help.
If the fitness supplier is a member of Fitness Australia, the peak body for the fitness industry, you can also contact them for help.
Share this page: