Publications - retirement villages
Update on the retirement village legislation reform process
Submissions to all Consultation Regulatory Impact Statements (CRIS) are now closed. We would like to thank all stakeholders who provided feedback during the consultation period of the retirement village reform process. You can view the CRIS 1-4 papers on the Retirement village law reforms 2019 - 2021 website page.
A new retirement villages code has been implemented to run from 1 April 2022 until 31 March 2025 to provide time for the completion of the current reform process.
You can register via email to receive further updates on the reform process.
If you have any queries about the reform process please e-mail Consumer Protection WA.
Consumer Protection regularly produces and updates publications about real estate laws and licensing. The below links will provide you with real estate specific information.
- Seniors Guide- So you're thinking about moving into a retirement village
- Guidelines for retirement village residents' committees
- Guidelines for retirement village dispute resolution
- Prohibited persons policy - Retirement Villages Act
- Proactive Visit Checklist Retirement Villages
- Flow chart guides to time caps on recurrent changes (retirement villages)
- Guide to time caps on recurrent charges - Residential Premises
- Retirement villages Forms 1 and 1A
- Termination of a retirement village residence contract
- Prohibited persons exemption application- Retirement villages
- Application for Mediation (also see Guide to application for mediation)
- Retirement Villages Act 1992
- Retirement Villages Regulations 1992
- Fair Trading (Retirement Villages Code) Regulations 2022
The new Fair Trading (Retirement Villages Code) Regulations 2022 (WA) (RV code) and the Retirement Village Amendment Regulations 2022 (amendment regulations) were published on 25 March 2022 and will come into effect on 1 April 2022. The RV code replicates the last Interim RV Code aside from some minor technical amendments. No changes have been made to the content of the new RV code. Only minor technical consequential amendments updating the name and date of the new code have been made in the amendment regulations. Rather than a new interim code every 6 months, the new RV code will remain in effect for three years, from 1 April 2022 to 31 March 2025. This will provide time for completion of the current reform process.
Share this page: