What goods are not covered by consumer guarantees?
You will not be covered by all of the consumer guarantees for goods:
- bought before 1 January 2011. These are covered by laws that were in force before 1 January 2011 – contact us for more information;
- bought from one-off sales by private sellers, such as garage sales and fêtes;
- bought at auctions, where the auctioneer acts as agent for the owner;
- costing more than $40,000 that a person would normally buy for business use – for example, machinery or equipment;
- you buy to on-sell or re-supply;
- you want to use, as part of a business, to:
- manufacture or produce something else – for example, as an ingredient; or
- repair or otherwise use on other goods or fixtures.
Share this page: