How do I renew my High Risk Work Licence?
Your High Risk Work Licence expires every 5 years. You must not carry out high risk work until your licence has been renewed.
To renew your High Risk Work Licence – Here’s what you will need to have ready:
Your High Risk Work Licence number
You will find your High Risk Work Licence number on the front of your High Risk Work Licence Card and on your Renewal Notice. You will need to enter both the letters and the numbers e.g. WL12345
Your email address and mobile phone number (currently recorded with WorkSafe)
You will need to have an existing email address lodged with WorkSafe to be able to Change Your Address and/or Renew Your High Risk Work Licence on line.
We will send you an online security code, for you to use, to safeguard your details, so make sure you can access your emails and your mobile phone when completing your transaction on line.
When you enter your security code we will show you part of the email address and mobile phone number you have used to receive the security code.
This security code will be valid for 48 hours, or until a new code is requested, or the code is used.
This code will be sent to your registered email address and/or your mobile - so make sure you have access to them. If you have any problems receiving the code please check your spam email.
We will send you confirmation that your application has been submitted. Your confirmation can be used as your Tax Invoice.
The validity period of your existing licence(s) is extended until you receive advice from WorkSafe on the outcome of your application.
Applications can take up to 8 weeks to process.
If you have any queries or have not received your High Risk Work Licence within 8 weeks of submitting your application, please contact WorkSafe on 1300 424 091 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Credit Card (Visa or Mastercard) to make your payment
We will ask you to pay the application fee (click here to see fees). You can only make this payment by credit card. We accept Mastercard and Visa.
Clear digital photo showing just your head and shoulders (taken within the last six months)
We will ask you to upload a digital photo showing just your head and shoulders, taken within the last six months. Your photo must be of type JPG / JPEG / GIF / PNG and no larger than 5MB).
Your photograph must:
- Be in colour
- Be no more than 6 months old
- Be within 45-50mm high and 35-40mm wide
- Show your head and top of your shoulders close up so the measurement of the face from the bottom of the chin to the crown (i.e. top of head without hair) is between 32-36mm
- Show natural skin tones and colours - no flash reflection and no red eye
- Show you with natural expression and mouth closed (i.e. not smiling)
- Have a plain, light-coloured background (e.g. white, cream or pale blue)
- Show you facing and looking directly at the camera
- Not show you looking over one shoulder (portrait style) or with head tilted
- Show you without hat or head covering unless worn for religious reasons.
- Show your eyes open and clearly visible, and only with glasses if you regularly wear them.
- Not be affected by red eye
Ready to proceed?
If you have your High Risk Work Licence number, email address or registered mobile phone number, valid credit card and passport photo you're ready to go!
If you cannot renew on line contact WorkSafe on 1300 424 091 or at email@example.com.
Share this page: